Someone who makes his living online, I am always on the lookout for cool new technology and gadgets that will allow me to be more mobile and work more efficiently. I recently purchased a product that accomplishes both of those things and looks so cool white doing it. The Moko Foldable Wireless Keyboard is a Bluetooth keyboard that has been added to the list of things I never leave home without. Read the review to understand why!
Wireless Keyboard Construction
When you first remove the Moko Foldable Wireless Keyboard from its packaging you will immediately recognize the nice weight it has. It does not feel like a cheap piece of plastic that will break as soon you use it or put it in your bag.
The first time you unfold it, you will notice the attention to detail that was paid to the folding / unfolding process. The folding joints are solid and work smoothly, however the keyboard does not just fall open, nor does it snap closed; instead, it glides in both directions and is, actually, quite impressive. It’s made from quality materials that will resist wear and tear, as stated in the description:
Made with aircraft-grade aluminum for superior durability. Anodized matte process creates excellent sense of touch.
The “feet” of the Moko Foldable Wireless Keyboard are one of the only flawed things i have with this product. Although positioned well, they feel as though they were an afterthought to the product. The Feet turn out and attempt to stabilize the keyboard while you are typing. While the feet work, they don’t work well and they are the only part of the entire construction that seem suspect to me. Luckily, the rest of this wireless keyboard is built well, so the feet really don’t affect the overall performance that much.
Wireless Keyboard Performance
Connecting the MoKo Foldable Wireless Keyboard was as simple as activating Bluetooth on one device, and pushing one single button on the keyboard. Boom, you are now connected. One thing I noticed immediately about this keyboard is that it does not have any lag from typing to screen. Some cheaper wireless keyboards have trouble submitting a strong, constant signal to the intended device, not this keyboard.
The other thing I really liked about this keyboard was that, as soon as I was ready to use it, it was ready to go; I didn’t have to turn it on or wait for it to boot up. Opening the keyboard turns it on and, at that point, you are ready to connect and start typing.
The only negative thing that I have been reading about this product is that some users have been experiencing intermittent connectivity with this keyboard. It will disconnect for these users after a short time with no typing, thus requiring reconnecting the keyboard via Bluetooth to your device. This was not my experience with this keyboard.
Wireless Keyboard Battery Life
Most people forget that their wireless mouse and keyboards take AA or AAA batteries because they do not have to change them very often. You will be happy to know that the Moko Foldable Wireless Keyboard will keep up with that trend. Its lithium ion battery boasts 80 (300 hours for backlit version) hours of usage. Although I cannot confirm nor deny the claim of 80 hours of battery life, I can tell you I have been using this keyboard out and about for over a month now, and I have not had any battery issues, nor has it told me to charge the battery.
Wireless Keyboard Mobility
The mobility of this keyboard is one of the most fascinating aspects. We have all seen a wireless keyboard before; we have also all seen minature keyboards that try and decrease in size for portability but often, in the process, lose a great deal of performance and functionality. The Moko Foldable Wireless Keyboard accomplishes enhanced mobility without reducing on performance. Its tri-fold design enables you to carry around a (almost) full-sized keyboard that condenses down to the size of a typical smartphone.
Wireless Keyboard Price
The cheapest keyboard (wired, at Walmart) I have seen runs around $11. When you compare that to the price of the MoKo Foldable Wireless Keyboard at $31.99 ($42.99 backlit), this wireless keyboard is extremely affordable. Not only does this keyboard have very solid construction, it is mobile AND it is Bluetooth enabled. This combination gets you an awesome product at a very inexpensive price. A Full size Logitech keyboard and mouse will run anywhere from $89 to $119 for the base to intermediate models.
- Foldable design, perfect portable bluetooth keyboard with pocket size. Folding size: 5.8″*3.5″*0.7″, Open size: 9.9″*3.5″*0.2″.
- Made of excellent aluminium material for superior rigidity. X scissor-switch structure for the keycap brings you pleasing typing experience.
- Compatible with 3 major operating system: iOS / Windows / Android. Supports most bluetooth-enabled devices including Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus / 6s / 6s Plus.
- Built-in 210mAh rechargeable Li-polymer battery, works for up to 80 hours of effective usage time. Magnetic switch with smart auto sleep / wake feature.
- Press Fn+C, fast access to bluetooth pairing state. American broadcom bluetooth 3.0 chip for high speed connection and signal distance up to 33ft(10m).
- iOS / Windows / Android Compatibility: Compatible with 3 major operating system: iOS / Windows/ Android. Supports most bluetooth-enabled devices, including Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus / 6s / 6s Plus.
- Wired / Wireless Connection Mode: Press Fn + Delete to fast access to bluetooth pairing state. Or connect your devices with USB cable and Press Fn + 2 to operate your keyboard.
- Special 3 colors LED backlights, every backlight has 2 gears to adjust brightness.
- Built-in 750mAh rechargeable Li-polymer battery, works for up to 300 hours of effective usage time. Magnetic switch with smart auto sleep / wake feature.
- Portable & Lightweight: Tri-fold design, perfect portable Bluetooth 3.0 keyboard with pocket size. Folding size: 6.4″*4.6″*0.6″, Open size: 11.5″*4.6″*0.2″.